Sunday, November 12, 2006

Enforced Inaction

Dirty dishes in the sink; the floor (all the floors) need to be vacuumed; laundry waiting to be sorted; Zeno's arabic lesson for today needs to be put together and delivered; however, Boudie has decided that he wants to sit in my lap all morning and bursts into sobs if I put him down. Did I mention that my bladder is bursting?

Zuzu is hovering with 'The Gruffalo' (I've already read it twice this morning, as well as 'Mog and the Baby'). Zeno just got up, after another late night with his dad, and is asking for breakfast. There's a scripture on my mind that I want to hunt for, to refute something that was said to me a while ago.

Either I keep Boudie on my lap and let the dishes and everything else wait (while the will to do them slowly saps away), or I put him down and get on with things to the sound of his (ear-piercing) wailing in my ears. ah, the joys of parenthood.

No comments: