Saturday, May 03, 2008

Mayor Boris

We are all a bit gloomy here about the new Mayor. Just yesterday going home on the tube I was remembering how I had to pay a child fare for Zeno when he was 5, and now I don't pay even though he's 9, thanks to Uncle Ken's policy of free tube and bus travel for under 11s. The way Boris has been bleating on about how he will certainly keep the 'Freedom Pass' for OAPs makes me suspect that he's got his eye on making the kiddies pay. The man is already an MP, how is it possible for him to be allowed to stand for Mayor, as if both of these roles were only part-time? Ken Livingstone wasn't perfect, far from it, but he is a bone fide Londoner and passionate about this city being the capital of the world, and at least a little bit tolerant. Anway, Zoe Williams in the Guardain sums up my feelings on the matter and exposes Boris for the racist snob he is.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2008/may/01/boris.livingstone

No comments: